New to the ASCH? Click here to join the ASCH today!
Returning members: click here for instructions on accessing your member account for the first time.
By becoming a member of the American Society of Church History, you’re joining one of the oldest and most distinguished historical associations in the United States. Our Society is a diverse and supportive community of faculty, students, teachers, clergy, independent scholars, and anyone interested in studying the history of Christianity.
Your membership helps us to host our annual conferences, publish Church History: Studies in Christianity and Culture, award scholarly prizes, and provide you with the latest news concerning the historical study of Christianity.
ASCH members also enjoy special benefits:
- Membership in a vibrant scholarly community
- Communications on the latest news and developments in the field
- Professional development events and resources
- Connections with other members who share your interests or live nearby through our online member directory
- Subscription to Church History: Studies in Christianity and Culture
- All memberships include an online subscription to Church History, and print memberships are available at an additional cost
- Online access to the newest issue of Church History before it appears in print
- Fully searchable access to every issue of Church History dating back to 1888
- Full participation in ASCH annual conferences
- Opportunities to attend sessions, present papers, and connect with other scholars at ASCH conferences
- 50% discount on conference registration fees
- Special hotel rates
- ASCH book exhibit and other special events
- Eligibility for prestigious annual prizes and awards
- Over $7500 in prizes awarded this academic year to ASCH members, recognizing outstanding scholarship in the historical study of Christianity
- Conference travel grants for graduate student and independent scholars presenting at ASCH meetings
Annual membership levels are based on annual salary. (Sustaining memberships include an additional donation to the operating expenses of the ASCH.)
2017 Membership Levels
| Online Access to
| Paper & Online Access to
|$100,000 and above||$120.00||$135.00|
|$25,000 or below||$30.00||$45.00|
|Graduate Student Member*||$30.00||$45.00|
*Graduate students who are new to the ASCH are eligible for a free two-year membership. To start your membership, please email email@example.com with your name, institution, program, and expected graduation date.